Blücherstraße / Ecke Borbachstraße, 55422 Bacharach-Steeg
Marshal Blücher and his soldiers rode past it after crossing the Rhine in January 1814 towards Waterloo. The church is a magnificent work of sacred architecture from the 14th century with a beautiful ribbed vault. The organ, built by the famous organ builders Stumm in 1802, was extensively restored in 2005 and 2006. The attic of the Protestant church of St. Anna is home to colonies of bats.The Steeg church is the first church to receive the "Bats Welcome" award from the German Nature and Bats Conservation Union (NABU). Undisturbed, more than 3000 females of the greater mouse-eared bat raise their young here year after year. This means that the church is home to the largest weekly roost for the greater mouse-eared bat in the whole of Germany.