Cycle-Friendly Hosts on the Romantic Rhine
Cyclists and their bikes are well catered for at over 80 cycle-friendly bed+bike hosts along the Romantic Rhine.
People on cycling holidays have very specific needs and expectations as far as accommodation is concerned. Based on these requirements, the German Cyclist’s Association (ADFC) has developed a catalogue of quality criteria for cyclist-friendly accommodation. The Bett+Bike logo indicates that these criteria have been fulfilled. Hosts who meet the ADFC quality standards are particularly geared to the needs of cyclists.
The Bed+Bike quality criteria:
- cycling guests accepted for one-night stays
- lockable room for overnight bicycle storage
- extra room for drying clothes and equipment
- healthy breakfast options
- information on regional tourist opportunities for cyclists
- provision of a basic repair set
To earn the Bett+Bike quality seal, hosts must offer at least three more services (e.g. bikes to rent or borrow, charging stations, day trip options, luggage transfer, packed lunches etc.).