13:00 - 18:00
Ecke Konrad-Adenauer Allee/Kölner Straße, 56626 Andernach
Construction on the mighty building was begun by order of the city council before 1440 and completed in 1453. With its substantial dimensions - 56 metres high and 15 metres diameter - it forms the northwestern corner of the mediaeval city wall. Its height made it possible to have a broad view of the Rhine Valley so that any incoming ships could be identified early and announced by sounding the horn. The Tower can be visited in the summer and, as a landmark of the city of Andernach, is brought to life during city tours. There is a special exhibition area on the lower storey of the louvre.