Koblenzer Straße 45, 53498 Bad Breisig
The Templar Court at 45 Koblenzer Strasse, raised by members of the Templar fraternity, was mentioned for the first time in 1215. In 1245 the Donatus Chapel was built on the Rhine side of the Templar court in which the fraternity retained a precious relic of the Holy Cross. Today, this cross is kept in St. Mary´s Church. The red cross on white background, symbol of the fraternity, was taken over by the Knights of Malta and can still be seen today on the frames of the windows facing the “Tempelgasse”. During the Thirty Year War (1618-1648) the Templar Court was destroyed and subsequently rebuilt in 1657.