Am Lindenplatz 2, 65375 Oestrich-Winkel
After the Brentano family purchased this property, built in 1751, it was initially used as a holiday home and later as their main residence. The Brentanohaus was the intellectual and cultural heart of Rhine romanticism. Its salon hosted a continuous stream of visitors from politics, culture and high society – including Goethe, the Brothers Grimm and Freiherr vom Stein. The rooms that are now open to visitors reflect the culture, style and attitude to life of those days. It’s worth checking the website from time to time – a constantly changing programme of events, guided tours and festivities invite visitors to embark on a nostalgic journey through time.