Buttermarkt, 53545 Linz am Rhein
Square with fountain in memory of the market women who sold their products there from 1642 until the 1930s. The hard-working women walked more than 20km a way to sell their goods. The mill stream, indicated by white cobbles, flowed open through the city until 1853. Opposite the savings bank, baroque half-timbered building with decorative half-timbered forms such as ”Wild Man”, ”St. Andrew’s cross” and other Rhenish timber-frame elements.