Grillhütte Am Kapellenberg
Wonderful rest area with some seating, tables and covered grill hut. Beautiful view of Schönburg Castle, the vineyards and the Engehöller valley. With toilets and kitchen. The barbecue hut can be rented from the head of the village Oberwesel-Engehöll. Parking spaces at the chapel. (Source: Wikipedia) The small chapel of Our Lady of Sorrows has long had the status of a Catholic branch church. It was built in place of a baroque predecessor chapel from the 17th century, which stood in the middle of the village, after its dilapidation and after the number of souls had grown, in 1923/25 from rubble stones above the old village school according to plans by Karl Hertzner from Oberwesel. It is a small neo-baroque hall with three curved windows on each side and two hexagonal windows in the indented polygonal chancel, with a slate hipped roof, octagonal ridge turret and curved hood, lantern crowned by a weathercock.