Kurfürstliche Burg

11:00 - 18:00

Kurfürstliche Burg mit Museum

56154 Boppard

This important monument of the Archbishops of Trier forms one of the few still preserved mediaeval citadels on the Upper Middle Rhine Valley.

The Roman-German King Richard of Cromwell presumably began its construction around 1265. The estate on the left bank of the Rhine is also named “Balduinsburg” after the builder of its western wing, Baldwin of Luxembourg. This same king had to conquer back “his” city and castle from insurgent citizens in 1327. The impressive citadel with the character of a palace functioned as an imperial castle and customs office for the Electorate. At one time, Elector John II of Baden, the founder of the University of Trier, resided here.

Prüfbericht Reisen für Alle

Kurfürstliche Burg mit Museum

From07.04.2010 until the 13.03.2022

Opening hours:
Saturday: 11:00Clock to 18:00Clock
Sunday: 11:00Clock to 18:00Clock
56154 Boppard
Kurfürstliche Burg mit Museum
56154 Boppard


Plan route