This late Baroque manor house emerged from a castle originally from the Middle Ages and stamps the city silhouette of Leutesdorf until now.
Its front side facing the Rhine is reminiscent in this way of the Engers Castle only a few kilometres away. Between 1750 and 1760, the building of Marienburg Castle was commissioned by the privy councillor of the Elector of Trier as his representative residence and finally planned and executed by the Trier court architect Johannes Seiz. Leutesdorf Castle was completely demolished for the construction of the late Baroque grand house. Marienburg Castle is in private hands today and divided into several apartments. It cannot be visited.